Tuesday, November 14, 2006

San Francisco


Last week I had the opportunity to visit the city of San Francisco! The weather was outstanding for this time of the year and the sky was clear as crystal! Here is a pretty good view of the downtown area of the city

2 comments:

Graciela said...

Cool pic of San Francisco! I've never been, I hear all about the great seafood and the famous curvy street. Did you get to ride a street car?

Bernard said...

Graceila, the famous crazy street is Lombard St.

The switchback design, first suggested by property owner Carl Henry and instituted in 1922, was born out of necessity in order to reduce the hill's natural 27° slope which was too steep for most vehicles to climb and a serious hazard to pedestrians used to a more reasonable sixteen-degree incline. The speed limit is a mere 5 mph (10 km/h) on the crooked section, which is about 1/4 mile (400 m) long.

I didn't ride the streetcars due to the lines but saw plenty in action.